HDF5 threadsafety

Jochen Küpper kuepper.jochen at googlemail.com
Mon May 5 02:34:13 PDT 2008

On 05.05.2008, at 10:01, Takeshi Enomoto wrote:

>> With regard to your previous change: are you sure thread-safety
>> works for
>> all Mac OS X systems. I vaguely remember that it is not supported
>> on Mac OS
>> X...
>> Have you checked it carefully?
>
> I have not tested but as far as I browsed through the source,
> it is implemented with pthreads.
> Mac OS X is POSIX compliant and has /usr/include/pthread.h.

It does not work for me; testing HDF5 fails on ttsafe:

 > sudo port -dv test +fortran +gcc43 +szip +optimized

[...]

============================
Testing ttsafe
============================

For help use: ttsafe -help
Linked with hdf5 version 1.6 release 7
Testing  -- multi-dataset creation (dcreate)
Testing  -- per-thread error stacks (error)
Testing  -- thread cancellation safety test (cancel)
operation unsuccessful with value at -1073746496 instead of 11
Testing  -- multi-attribute creation (acreate)

!!! 1 Error(s) were detected !!!

Greetings,
Jochen
         Sex, drugs and rock-n-roll