emacs-app count as emacs?

Brian P. Flaherty bxf4 at u.washington.edu
Mon May 5 23:33:30 PDT 2008

On May 4, 2008, at 10:05 PM, Shreevatsa R wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had the same problem as you, and I had submitted a patch here:
> http://trac.macports.org/ticket/14446 but no one has reviewed it. I
> notice now
> that another person has also submitted a similar patch:
> http://trac.macports.org/ticket/14344 with the same result.  You
> could try if
> either of them work for you.
> Let us hope that someone eventually notices :-)

Thank you very much for sending me these links.  I downloaded the
Portfile posted on trac, put it in the auctex directory under /opt/
local/var/macports/sources/... in place of the existing Portfile.
Then I tried to install auctex and got this message:

camus:~ bxf4$ sudo port install auctex
Portfile changed since last build; discarding previous state.
--->  Fetching emacs
--->  Attempting to fetch emacs-22.2.tar.gz from http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs
^C

So, it detected the new portfile, but still tried to download
emacs-22.  If anyone has the patience to tell me what I'm not doing,
I'd appreciate.  Thanks for your time.

Brian