Several errors building gnutls

Brian P. Flaherty bxf4 at u.washington.edu
Sat May 17 12:27:14 PDT 2008

On Wed, 14 May 2008, Chris Pickel wrote:

> If you're concerned about your MacPorts installation, the best thing to do
> would be to remove the configure args you added, then `sudo port -f configure
> libgcrypt`, and find config.log in `sudo port dir libgcrypt`/work. That might
> have some info.

Thank you for the suggestion.  I just had a similar problem with mc being unable to find pkg-config.  I ran sudo port -f configure as suggested above and it shows this as the path:

PATH: ${prefix}/bin
PATH: ${prefix}/sbin
PATH: /bin
PATH: /sbin
PATH: /usr/bin
PATH: /usr/sbin
PATH: /usr/X11R6/bin
PATH: /usr/texbin

I assume ${prefix} is to be /opt/local (it is defined as such on the configure call), but it is getting lost somewhere.  I temporarily created a soft link from /opt/local/bin/pkg-config to /usr/bin/ and then mc configured without error.  Is there a short list of places where these paths are defined for the MacPorts build environment that I can check?

Thank you for your help.

Brian