Several errors building gnutls

Chris Pickel sfiera at macports.org
Wed May 14 14:56:40 PDT 2008

On 14 May, 2008, at 17:38, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
> On May 14, 2008, at 5:29 PM, Brian P. Flaherty wrote:
>> If I may ask, does this indicate that my MacPorts installation is
>> flawed somehow, because these files weren't being found?
>
> We can't really know without more thorough information.
>
> The complete output of port -dv install foo (after port clean foo)
> would likely be enlightening.
>
>> If not, should I submit bug reports for these?
>
> Maybe? Without more information, I doubt that the maintainer will be
> able to reproduce the issue since presumably just installing works
> for them without having to add the configure arguments you added.

In any case, I've gone ahead and added the explicit configure args;
the ports needed an update anyway. The only effect they should have is
preventing installations in e.g. /usr/local from being picked up, and
that's not a bad thing.

If you're concerned about your MacPorts installation, the best thing
to do would be to remove the configure args you added, then `sudo port
-f configure libgcrypt`, and find config.log in `sudo port dir
libgcrypt`/work. That might have some info.

Chris