Apache not starting at boot

Lorin Rivers lrivers at gmail.com
Mon May 19 08:14:24 PDT 2008

I have done some extensive research and have followed all the setup
instructions I can find, but apache2 still requires a manual start on my
10.4 iMac.
When I run "sudo launchctl load -w
 /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.apache2.plist", the response is
"already loaded".

Manual start doesn't report errors and apache works fine once I do that, but
I'd like to not have to remember to start apache next time my power goes
out.

Here's the plist:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "
http://www.apple.
com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
        <key>Debug</key>
        <false/>
        <key>Label</key>
        <string>org.macports.apache2</string>
        <key>OnDemand</key>
        <false/>
        <key>ProgramArguments</key>
        <array>
                <string>/opt/local/bin/daemondo</string>
                <string>--label=apache2</string>
                <string>--start-cmd</string>

 <string>/opt/local/etc/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.apache2/apache
2.wrapper</string>
                <string>start</string>
                <string>;</string>
                <string>--stop-cmd</string>

 <string>/opt/local/etc/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.apache2/apache
2.wrapper</string>
                <string>stop</string>
                <string>;</string>
                <string>--restart-cmd</string>

 <string>/opt/local/etc/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.apache2/apache
2.wrapper</string>
                <string>restart</string>
                <string>;</string>
                <string>--pid=none</string>
        </array>
        <key>RunAtLoad</key>
        <true/>
</dict>
</plist>

The only other bit of info is that occasionally, I see something about
"bonjour" (couldn't find it just now, though). Also, mysql is starting up
just fine...