My own repo of MacPorts (freezing distfiles)?

Tabitha McNerney tabithamc at gmail.com
Mon May 19 15:58:13 PDT 2008

Hi all --

I was wondering -- if I wanted to have my own repository of MacPorts (e.g.,
if I want to freeze each port's version so that I can build ports systems on
many machines and they'll all have the same ports versions), can I do so by
simply by editing:

/opt/local/etc/macports/sources.conf

and changing this line in sources.conf:

rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/ports/

to my own rsync server?

And also changing:

/opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf

this line:

# Rsync server to fetch MacPorts sources from

rsync_server            rsync.macports.org

What if I wanted to place a bunch of "frozen" versioned distfiles on my
server but instead of running rsync, it was just subversion instead? How
does MacPorts currently bridge between the rsync protocol and svn?

Has anyone else done this type of thing before?

Thanks,

T.M.