ncursesw doesn't like to (re)activate

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sat May 24 06:50:22 PDT 2008

Joshua Root wrote:
> So it looks like the entry in the file map has a different case than the
> file itself. I don't know how that could have happened, but hopefully
> this narrows the problem down a bit for Anthony.

Our file_map.db is case-insensitive for paths.

 From pextlib1.0/filemap.h:
* filemaps are dictionaries (what Tcl calls arrays) with case
unsensitive keys
* that are file paths and values that are port names.

Also, we have another bug in registry1.0 [1] which occurs when
uninstalling with a different case. A command like 'port uninstall
Ncurses' could leave some files.

Rainer

[1] http://trac.macports.org/ticket/11759