ncursesw doesn't like to (re)activate

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sat May 24 07:03:50 PDT 2008

Joshua Root wrote:
> Rainer Müller wrote:
>> Joshua Root wrote:
>>> So it looks like the entry in the file map has a different case than
>>> the file itself. I don't know how that could have happened, but
>>> hopefully this narrows the problem down a bit for Anthony.
>> Our file_map.db is case-insensitive for paths.
>>
>>  From pextlib1.0/filemap.h:
>> * filemaps are dictionaries (what Tcl calls arrays) with case
>> unsensitive keys
>> * that are file paths and values that are port names.
>
> Aha. So we should probably change uninstall and deactivate to remove all
> the files that case-insensitively match what's in the file_map, instead
> of just one?

The problem is that our file_map can't handle "2621A" and "2621a" even
on case-sensitive filesystem. After it installed one file, it will
complain on the other file that this path already exists in the file_map.

How much work we should still invest into registry1.0? I don't know if
this is just a quick fix or if it will reveal more problems. In my
opinion we should rather work on registry2.0.

Rainer