Apple did it again!

Chris Janton face at CentosPrime.COM
Thu May 29 18:23:20 PDT 2008

On 2008-05-29 , at 18:12 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> I don't think I like that hack very much. Wouldn't it be better to
> write up how to install a 3rd-party launchctl manager which you could
> use to start and stop all MacPorts-supplied startup services?

Go to this webpage

	http://lingon.sourceforge.net/

Download your favorite version (the Leopard version is very nice).

Read the fine manual provided at

	http://lingon.sourceforge.net/Lingon-Manual.pdf

You'll find the macports launchctl entries under "User
Daemons" (assuming you have followed the instructions provided in most
ports that need you to do a launchctl -w ...)

8)