Lots of data passing by on xfree86

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Tue Nov 4 01:19:47 PST 2008

Hello, I just installed macPorts on a clean 10.5 system.  I installed
the dmg for leopard.  All I have done so far is add the opt path and
man path to .bashrc, then I ran sudo port -d selfupdate.

I ran sudo port install mrtg and it took too long, so I added in the -
d flag, and I see literally, hundreds of thousands of lines of text
going by which looks like to be for xfree86.

I am sure this is part of the normal procedure, I was hoping someone
could explain to me what is going on.  I know there are two or perhaps
three dependencies for mrtg, and I have built it by hand before, with
a lot less going on that what is going on now.

Just curious, thanks.

Also, any idea when a mrtg update may be coming out, the one in ports
is a tad bit outdated, but I am sure it will work more than fine.

--
Scott