Do I really need to install python25 when Leopard already has Python 2.5?

Dave Llopis davel at davel.org
Tue Nov 4 12:57:42 PST 2008

Ah, good point, thanks.
What I was *really* after was iPython for Python 2.6, which turns out not to
have even been completed yet!
Instead, py25-ipython is what I'm trying to install. I see that it requires
py25-scientific, which isn't supplied by Leopard.
I also have python26 installed, so it seemed a bit ridiculous to install a
third copy of Python.

It's not like it's any great burden to install python25: I was mostly
interested in using this as an opportunity to learn more about port
dependency management in general.