Chosing the C and C++ compilers

Akim Demaille akim at lrde.epita.fr
Tue Nov 4 21:56:13 PST 2008

hi!

I'm willing to use distcc here to run the upgrade, it works well.
Except that I use cross-compilers (our most powerful machine is a PPC,
and I'm running an i686).  All my own builds work perfectly well, but
I fail to have macport understand that it should stop using
unqualified names such as gcc-4.0, but should rather use i686-apple-
darwin9-gcc-4.0.1.

I have tried to add configure.cc info to my macports.conf

> akim at montero $ tail /opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf # while
> processing ports
> # extra_env			KEEP_THIS THIS_TOO
>
> # Akim changes below.
> configure.cc   /usr/bin/i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1
> configure.cxx  /usr/bin/i686-apple-darwin9-g++-4.0.1
> configuredistcc yes
> buildnicevalue 10
buildmakejobs 8

but it does not seem to work as I expected.  Can someone tell me how I
am supposed to make this work?

Thanks a lot!