ASSP out of date

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Nov 6 01:01:03 PST 2008

On Nov 6, 2008, at 02:51, Scott Haneda wrote:

>>> For each of those, would those be bin, lib or path?  I am
>>> thinking they are lib's but want to make sure they get stuffed in
>>> the right spot.
>>
>> Use port:-style dependencies for all of them, declared as library
>> dependencies (using depends_lib-append).
>
> Well, I looked at a few other port files, and they did this:
>
> depends_lib                     port:sqlite2 \
>                                 port:sqlite3
>
> I take it that is not what you mean?

That is exactly what I mean. I said "depends_lib-append" instead of
"depends_lib" but that only matters if you use a portgroup which
already has something in depends_lib that you shouldn't overwrite.
But assp doesn't currently use a portgroup so unless you plan to
start using one it doesn't matter whether you append or overwrite.

I also meant use port:-style dependencies (e.g. port:sqlite3), not
lib:-style (lib:libsqlite3:sqlite3), bin:-style (bin:sqlite3:sqlite3)
or path:-style (path:lib/libsqlite3.0.dylib:sqlite3) unless there is
a specific reason to do so.

> I look at 5.5.1 and I fail to understand the suggestion you are
> making.
>
> Currently, I am working in the assp Portfile, that I cleared out,
> since I have no idea how to start a new one and where to put it and
> such.

If you want to create a new portfile, just make a new textfile
anywhere. "cd" to that directory in the Terminal and then you can say
"port install" (without giving a port name) and it will use the
portfile in the current directory.

> I have most of the basic stuff and it seems to start to work, and I
> am adding in one dependency at a time, starting with depends_lib
> port:p5-net-dns
>
> sudo port install assp
> Portfile changed since last build; discarding previous state.
> --->  Fetching assp
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for assp
> --->  Extracting assp
> --->  Configuring assp
> Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure:
> shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_mail_
> assp/work/ASSP_1.4.3.0-Install" && ./configure --prefix=/opt/local
> " returned error 127
> Command output: sh: ./configure: No such file or directory

> I seem to recall this is a known bug and it is simple to work
> around, my google skills are failing me.

I thought Bryan said before that assp doesn't have a configure
script. So you should turn off the configure phase entirely
("use_configure no"), or override it (like the assp port does today,
"configure { ... ... ... }").