ASSP out of date

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Thu Nov 6 00:51:44 PST 2008

On Nov 6, 2008, at 12:37 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>>> "port search" should be case-insensitive, but you must declare
>>> dependencies with the same case as it says in the port.
>>
>> For each of those, would those be bin, lib or path?  I am thinking
>> they are lib's but want to make sure they get stuffed in the right
>> spot.
>
> Use port:-style dependencies for all of them, declared as library
> dependencies (using depends_lib-append).

Well, I looked at a few other port files, and they did this:

depends_lib                     port:sqlite2 \
                                 port:sqlite3

I take it that is not what you mean?  I look at 5.5.1 and I fail to
understand the suggestion you are making.

Currently, I am working in the assp Portfile, that I cleared out,
since I have no idea how to start a new one and where to put it and
such.

I have most of the basic stuff and it seems to start to work, and I am
adding in one dependency at a time, starting with depends_lib
port:p5-net-dns

sudo port install assp
Portfile changed since last build; discarding previous state.
--->  Fetching assp
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for assp
--->  Extracting assp
--->  Configuring assp
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure:
shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
.macports.org_release_ports_mail_assp/work/ASSP_1.4.3.0-Install" && ./
configure --prefix=/opt/local " returned error 127
Command output: sh: ./configure: No such file or directory

I seem to recall this is a known bug and it is simple to work around,
my google skills are failing me.

--
Scott