ASSP out of date

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Sat Nov 8 18:07:28 PST 2008

On Nov 8, 2008, at 2:41 PM, David Evans wrote:

> Can you post a copy of your Portfile as it currently is? Or did I miss
> it?

I am largely using this as a chance to learn portfiles and tcl, so it
is a bit of a testing bed now.  I just managed a clean recusrsive
listing function.  Was good to do, but I will look at the built in
command that is part of ports.  Once I get to a semi clean non
embarrassing file, I will put it up.

> Concerning the dependencies
> if there are so many, perhaps if you published a list of what's needed
> others might lend a hand.

Sure, I can find some, but not others:
Net::DNS
Compress::Zlib
Digest::MD5
Email::MIME::Modifier new
Email::Valid
File::ReadBackwards
Mail::SPF new
Mail::SPF::Query
Mail::SRS
Net::CIDR::Lite new
Net::IP::Match::Regexp new
Net::LDAP
Net::SMTP new
Net::SenderBase new
Net::Syslog
Sys::Syslog
Tie::RDBM
Time::HiRes
Win32::Daemon

I assume ClamAV, which is not in that list, should be already
available, and ready to go.

> It does look like you picked a tough case for your first Portfile.

Ahh, it's all good fun, I am learning a lot about how this works.
Turns out the reason so many people I know have not used ASSP is
because they could not get it installed.  A few tried with DarwinPorts
and gave up.  Hopefully, I can fix that, and this being something I
need to use in production, I will make sure it is up to date at all
times.
--
Scott