ASSP out of date

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Tue Nov 11 15:53:15 PST 2008

How do you suggest I deal with this port in final release.  The old
port was 1.1.0, and ASSP has gone through a directory structure
change, as well as multiple file deletions and additions.

The 1.4.3.0 is probably the last release before 2.0 comes out, which
is in beta now. I can see a bug patch here or there, but no major
changes to 1.4.3.0

I am going to want to prevent the issuing of an upgrade to an older
installed 1.1.0, as it will break everything.  I could go back to
1.1.0, and see what has changed, and work to solve this issue, but
given the age of the original port, I suspect hardly anyone is using
the port anyway, or you would have heard requests for it.

What is your suggestion on how to deal with this?  Rename the port to
something like assp1 and then have assp2 seperate when version 2 hits
release, and leave the assp port as is?

Thank you
--
Scott