Updating gstreamer and friends

David Evans devans at macports.org
Tue Nov 11 18:24:10 PST 2008

I've just updated the gstreamer and associated ports namely

gstreamer
gst-plugins-base
gst-plugins-good
gst-plugins-bad
gst-plugins-ugly

However, if you're planning on upgrading from an older version, be aware
that while the new gst-plugins-good, bad, ugly are consistent with each
other they conflict with the older versions by the same name because
some of the plug-ins have been moved from one category to another.

I recommend the following procedure for upgrading:

sudo port upgrade gstreamer gst-plugins-base
sudo port uninstall gst-plugins-good gst-plugins-bad gst-plugins-ugly
sudo port install gst-plugins-good gst-plugins-bad gst-plugins-ugly

Dave