Updating gstreamer and friends

William Davis frstan at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 11 19:04:48 PST 2008

On Nov 11, 2008, at 9:24 PM, David Evans wrote:

> I've just updated the gstreamer and associated ports namely
>
> gstreamer
> gst-plugins-base
> gst-plugins-good
> gst-plugins-bad
> gst-plugins-ugly
>
> However, if you're planning on upgrading from an older version, be
> aware
> that while the new gst-plugins-good, bad, ugly are consistent with
> each
> other they conflict with the older versions by the same name because
> some of the plug-ins have been moved from one category to another.
>
> I recommend the following procedure for upgrading:
>
> sudo port upgrade gstreamer gst-plugins-base
> sudo port uninstall gst-plugins-good gst-plugins-bad gst-plugins-ugly
> sudo port install gst-plugins-good gst-plugins-bad gst-plugins-ugly
>
> Dave

- Installing ./html/up.png
-- Installing ./html/style.css
-- Installing ./html/gstreamer.devhelp
make[5]: *** [install-data-local] Error 1
make[4]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make[3]: *** [install] Error 2
make[2]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [install] Error 2
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Error: The following dependencies failed to build: gst-plugins-base
gstreamer

William Davis
frstanATbellsouthDOTnet
Mac OS X.5.5 Darwin 9.5.0
XQuartz 2.3.2_beta3 (xorg-server 1.4.2-apple22)
Mac Mini Intel Duo @ 1.86 GHz

Mundus vult decepi, ego non