Updating gstreamer and friends

David Evans devans at macports.org
Tue Nov 11 21:44:01 PST 2008

William Davis wrote:
> - Installing ./html/up.png
> -- Installing ./html/style.css
> -- Installing ./html/gstreamer.devhelp
> make[5]: *** [install-data-local] Error 1
> make[4]: *** [install-am] Error 2
> make[3]: *** [install] Error 2
> make[2]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [install] Error 2
> make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
>
> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: gst-plugins-base
> gstreamer
>

> William Davis
> frstanATbellsouthDOTnet
> Mac OS X.5.5 Darwin 9.5.0
> XQuartz 2.3.2_beta3 (xorg-server 1.4.2-apple22)
> Mac Mini Intel Duo @ 1.86 GHz
>
> Mundus vult decepi, ego non

I can't really tell what happened from the fragment that you posted.

Suggest you make sure you have the latest by executing

sudo port selfupdate
sudo port clean --all gstreamer

then

sudo port -d upgrade gstreamer  |& tee gstreamer.log

Look like it built ok but had a problem during destroot?

and attach the result to your reply (or to a ticket) so I can compare
it to my results.