Unable to install macports

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Nov 18 19:40:35 PST 2008

On Nov 18, 2008, at 21:02, Oussama Sekkat wrote:

> I am trying to install the macports package but I get the following
> error during the last step:
> "The following install failed: run postflight script for
> MacPorts-1.6.0. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."
>
> I am using MAC OSX v 10.5.5
>
> Any ideas on how I could solve this issue?

Hi. The macports-mgr list is only for management issues relating to
the MacPorts project... I'm sending this reply to the macports-users
mailing list instead, which is where user questions should generally
be asked.

There are a couple reasons why the postflight script might fail.
Often it's because your network blocks rsync traffic, or maybe there
was a temporary problem accessing the server. Try running the
postflight script and port selfupdate manually, as explained here:

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/ProblemHotlist#a.profilenotsetup

Let us know if you encounter further problems.