ncurses install hangs

David Arve dt05ad5 at student.lth.se
Wed Nov 19 06:13:35 PST 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to install ncurses through macports. After running 'sudo
port -v install ncurses' I get the following:

[...]
/bin/sh ./run_tic.sh
** Building terminfo database, please wait...
Running tic to install /opt/local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
.macports.org_release_ports_devel_ncurses/work/destroot/opt/local/
share/terminfo ...

	You may see messages regarding extended capabilities, e.g., AX.
	These are extended terminal capabilities which are compiled
	using
		tic -x
	If you have ncurses 4.2 applications, you should read the INSTALL
	document, and install the terminfo without the -x option.

And then nothing... Running 'top' I can see that tic is taking ~90% of
the CPU. But it never stops it just goes on for hours and hours with
no output or nothing.

Does anyone know what might be the problem?

I'm running Tiger 10.4.11 (8S165) on a PPC iMac Snow with macports
version 1.600.

Thanks,

David Arve