To create gvim.app after installing Vim.app

Edward Ned Harvey macports at nedharvey.com
Wed Nov 19 14:51:52 PST 2008

I seem to remember this question came up before, but I don't know when or who.  Maybe somebody wants to pass this along to the original poster, back from whenever?

I have been frustrated by Vim.app, because it's not cool about opening more than one file at a time.  I was able to workaround it because simply "gvim" as a Terminal command worked fine, but there was no "Gvim.app" that could be used as the default editor for whatever file types you want.

So I created this guide that explains exactly how to do it:
http://nedharvey.com/gvim-on-mac/

Also, my system is very not-clean.  I've experimented with a thousand different vim's and gvim's, so I'd like to solicit feedback from anyone who wants to try it.  To see if it goes smoothly for you, or if perchance I had something special in my system that helped me along and deserves more comment.