octave-image package

Jonathan Stickel jjstickel at vcn.com
Thu Nov 20 07:30:06 PST 2008

moving this to macports-users list since this seems to be a MacPorts
issue; please remove help-octave from to/cc when responding

Robert Fong-tom wrote:

>> I am using MacPorts on Mac OS X 10.4.11.  The image package installs and
>> works fine as best as I can tell, although I use only one or two of the
>> provided functions.  In macports the package name is "octave-image" and
>> it is currently at version 1.0.6.
>>

> Jonathan,
> I am also using OS X 10.4.11. Could it be that the environment settings
> make a difference? Did you have to install ImageMagick separately?

ImageMagick is a dependency for octave-image.  It should be installed
via macports automatically when you try to install octave-image.

You are a little unclear about the steps you took to install octave and
the octave-forge image package.  You should not have installed the
octave.app from the dmg file from sourceforge.  Instead, you should
install everything from macports, by doing:

$ sudo port install octave

and then

$ sudo port install octave-image

What architecture do you have, Intel or PowerPC?

Jonathan