php5 port

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Nov 21 18:08:26 PST 2008

On Nov 21, 2008, at 18:51, Scott Haneda wrote:

> Hello, I have in the past, successfully installed via ports apache2
> with php and mysql.  I have a friend who has been hobbling together
> his install, I think sprinkling a little CPAN, and a little Fink on
> the recipe as well.  IMO, over seasoning...

Yes. It is not supported to mix MacPorts and Fink, and I can't think
of why you would need to manually use anything from CPAN. MacPorts
includes CPAN modules.

Why is your friend not just typing "sudo port install php5"?

Has your friend read the guide we have to installing Apache, PHP,
MySQL using MacPorts?

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/MAMP

> Here is the configure line we are going to try to get working, I
> did a quick comparison, and there are not that many missing, and
> the ports version has a few more as well.
> ( x'ing off the ones that are available now )
>
> ./configure
> --with-apxs
> 	x	--with-openssl=/sw
> 	x	--enable-trans-sid
> 	x	--with-zlib
> 	x	--with-png-dir=/sw
> 	x	--with-jpeg-dir=/sw
> 	x	--with-freetype-dir=/sw/lib/freetype219
> --with-tiff-dir=/sw
> 	x	--enable-exif
> 	x	--with-gd=/sw
> --enable-gd-imgstrttf
> 	x	--enable-gd-native-ttf
> 	x	--enable-mbstring=all
> --enable-mbregex
> 	x	--with-mysql=/usr
> --with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config
> 	x	--with-iconv=/sw
> --with-pdflib=/sw
> 	x	--enable-ftp
> 	x	--with-curl=/sw
> --enable-sockets
> 	x	--enable-calendar
> --enable-tokenizer
> 	x	--enable-bcmath
> --with-gmp=/sw
> 	x	--with-mcrypt=/sw
> 	x	--with-gettext=/sw
> --enable-xslt
> --with-xslt-sablot=/usr/local
> 	x	--with-xml
> --with-expat-dir=/sw
> 	x	--enable-wddx
> 	x	--with-xmlrpc
> --with-dom=/sw
> --with-dom-xslt=/sw
> --with-ldap=/usr
> --with-imap-ssl=/sw
> --with-imap=/sw/share/c-client
> 	x	--with-mhash=/sw
> 	x	--enable-soap

If you are trying to install the MacPorts php5 port and are
encountering an error, please let us know what the error is.