Octave port

Robert Fong-tom rfongtom at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 19:42:26 PST 2008

Since I ported Octave using MacPorts, I have been working through a
number of problems, which all seem to be related to the fact that I
had installed octave, aquaterm and gnuplot previously from dmg
packages. I previously wrote to both the MacPort and Octave users
group about these problems and you all have been very helpful and I
have learned a lot from you all. I started a new e-mail because I
recently realized that the problem may be with AquaTerm not GNUPLOT.
I recently noticed that there are several AquaTerm.app on my hard
drive and I don't know if this is normal. These AquaTerm.app files
are in the following.

1) /Applications/MacPorts/AquaTerm.app (only file in this directory)

2) /opt/local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_aqua_aq
uaterm/work/dstroot/Applications/MacPorts/AquaTerm.app

3) /opt/var/macports/software/aquaterm/1.0.1_0+darwin_8/Applications/
MacPorts/AquaTerm.app

4) /opt/local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_aqua_aq
uaterm/work/aquaterm/build/deployment/AquaTerm.app

Is this normal? Are some of these related to the build of Octave?