Using aqua with gnuplot in octave ported with MacPorts

Robert Fong-tom rfongtom at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 20:50:21 PST 2008

I wrote a previous email about my problems with gnuplot and aquaterm
when using Octave 3.0.3. I am writing now because I have some more
information. It appears that gnuplot does not recognize aqua or
aquaterm when a "set terminal aqua" or "set terminal aquaterm" is
executed within gnuplot. However gnuplot recognizes "set terminal
x11" and Octave plots correctly with x11. Is this a bug with the
MacPorts version of Octave 3.0.3?