Problem installing coreutils +with_default_names

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Nov 25 21:29:50 PST 2008

On Nov 25, 2008, at 13:59, P G wrote:

> Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Nov 24, 2008, at 14:44, P G wrote:
>>
>> > My system Specs:
>> >
>> > OS: Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.11
>> > X11: 1.1.3 XFree 4.4.0
>> > XCode: 2.5
>> >
>> > I say "sudo port install coreutils +with_default_names". I get
>> the following
>> > error when it is time to install coreutils. I'm not sure how to
>> fix this. I
>> > did the exact same procedure on my home machine (Mac Pro, same
>> OS/X11 except
>> > Xcode 2.4) and it worked fine so I'm baffled. Also was able to
>> install it on
>> > a laptop running Leopard and Xcode 3.1. The log is below.
>> >
>> > Can someone tell me how I can resolve this issue? Perhaps its
>> looking for a
>> > library and unable to find it?
>>
>> I don't know yet.... Can you provide the full debug log?
>>
>> sudo port clean coreutils
>> sudo port install coreutils +with_default_names 2>&1 | tee ~/
>> Desktop/coreutils.txt
>> bzip2 ~/Desktop/coreutils.txt
>>
>> Then attach coreutils.txt.bz2 from your desktop to your reply.
>

> Thanks for the reply. I was able to track down this issue and hack
> it to solve the build.
> Basically in config.h HAVE_OS_H was set to 1 and it was looking for
> some system
> file  #include <OS.h> (for BeOS?). Not sure where why this was set
> during configure.
>
> So I just changed that #define HAVE_OS_H 0 and the rebuild it
> without any problems.

Unfortunately with just that information, we can't take any action;
we can just hope it doesn't happen to anyone else.

If you want to provide the debug output as above, we can look at it
and try to figure out why you got into this situation; if it looks
like something others might run into as well, we can perhaps change
the portfile to either work around it or warn the user.