sudo port upgrade all

Mark Hattam mark at dxradio.demon.co.uk
Sun Nov 30 15:24:20 PST 2008

On 29 Nov 2008, at 03:01, William Davis wrote:

>>> Then sudo port upgrade all would equate to sudo port upgrade
>>> installed.
>>
>> which would still be a bad command to run; you really want "sudo
>> port upgrade outdated".
>>

> What I really want is "sudo port upgrade -R outdated"  but that runs
> nearly forever and makes a big mess in various ways.
> Running "sudo port upgrade installed" is a sort of limping
> substitute since it will as it gets repeated over time rebuild the
> various chains of dependents thus updating them.
>
> So if "-R" is really going to work correctly in 1.7 I dont care. OTW
> I want "sudo port upgrade outdated" to work.
>
> Just my 2 centavos.
> William Davis

Tried a "sudo port upgrade -R outdated" just now, and it promptly
errored and quit ... so what's supposed to happen with -R option? But
the new version is active so it upgraded OK. I've always just done
"sudo port upgrade outdated" up til now.

Downloaded MacPorts base version 1.600

The MacPorts installation is not outdated and so was not updated
selfupdate done!
The following installed ports are outdated:
sqlite3                        3.6.6.1_0 < 3.6.6.2_0
All Done

Mac:~ me$ sudo port upgrade -R outdated
--->  Fetching sqlite3
--->  Attempting to fetch sqlite-3.6.6.2.tar.gz from http://www.sqlite.org/
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for sqlite3
--->  Extracting sqlite3
--->  Configuring sqlite3
--->  Building sqlite3 with target all
--->  Staging sqlite3 into destroot
--->  Deactivating sqlite3 3.6.6.1_0
--->  Installing sqlite3 3.6.6.2_0
--->  Activating sqlite3 3.6.6.2_0
--->  Cleaning sqlite3
--->  Deactivating sqlite3 3.6.6.1_0
Error: Deactivating sqlite3 3.6.6.1_0 failed: Active version of
sqlite3 is not 3.6.6.1_0 but 3.6.6.2_0.

Mac:~ me$ sudo port installed | grep sqlite
   sqlite3 @3.6.6.1_0
   sqlite3 @3.6.6.2_0 (active)

Mark