py-cddb problem

Joerg van den Hoff j.van_den_hoff at fzd.de
Fri Nov 28 14:08:56 PST 2008

hi there,

not a very specific question (apologies), but anyway:

until some time ago I used py-cddb without problems driven by
a small wrapper script to first collect the CD information
for a CD in the drive and then query the database.

now, when I try this I get errors:

dev = DiscID.open()
File "/opt/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/DiscID.py", line 31, in open
return cdrom.open()
cdrom.error: (13, 'Permission denied')

when I try again with `sudo' I get:

File "/opt/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/DiscID.py", line 38, in disc_id
(first, last) = cdrom.toc_header(device)
cdrom.error: (25, 'Inappropriate ioctl for device')

these errors are related to the compiled C code included in the package I believe.
is this not working anymore???

the only thing I noted otherwise is, that previously the cd was /dev/disk1 and now
it is /dev/disk2 (this is with 10.4.11), but that's probably irrelevant.

any help?

joerg