Important: MacPorts PortMgr Changes

C. Florian Ebeling florian.ebeling at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 01:11:20 PDT 2008

I think one way of organizing what you want would be
to put up a foundation. Then you have clear separation
of responsibilities. Finance and other assets governed by
a separate legal body, and the software project, which
means simply interested individuals. And the latter would still
be the cause of this new legal body, advising, organizing
support and whatever more in the background, and more
longterm. The term Elders sounds a bit weird to me, to be honest.

OTOH, my biggest concern is to get regular releases, anyway.
And if this new construct allows for that, and still is open
to incremental improvement, than I'm +1, too.

Florian