ORBit/GConf problem

A. Osthoff akiabo at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 4 01:44:55 PDT 2008

Pete Crite schrieb:

> Hi, I've just updated GnuCash from 2.2.5_0 to 2.2.7_1 on MacPorts
> (PPC), and am having some problems. I enquired at the GnuCash IRC
> channel, and was told that it was probably a ORBit/GConf problem, and
> to enquire here. Also, after lurking on IRC for c. 24 hours, two other
> people came in with the same problem, so I think this might be quite
> common? This update also included gconf from 2.22.0_0 to 2.24.0_0 and
> orbit2 from 2.14.12_0 to 2.14.16_0.

Well, I was one of the two probably. Yes, I encountered the same
problem, but IMHO it is a problem with the configuration with d-bus.
When I tried to upgrade gnucash with _sudo port upgrade gnucash_ I ran
into a host of problems. During the upgrade process of d-bus there was
mentioned the need to configure d-bus properly with launchd(?) because
of a conflict with X11. However, I did encounter other installation
problems first with aqbanking primarily, so that I forgot to look into
that or to save the instructions in a notepad for that matter.
Now, I got the same problem as you described ... ;(

cheers,
	achim