ORBit/GConf problem

Pete Crite hypocrite at lawyer.com
Sat Oct 4 06:08:06 PDT 2008

Well, I ran "sudo port upgrade outdated" and *did* keep a record of
all the instructions.

I followed the instructions for d-bus which were:
# A startup item has been generated that will aid in
# starting dbus with launchd. It is disabled
# by default. Execute the following command to start it,
# and to cause it to launch at startup:
#
# sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.dbus.plist

I also had issues with gtk2, gwenhywfar3, and aqbanking3 (although
either of the first two might be associated with non-gnucash
programs?). For all of these, I deactivated the port mentioned in the
error message, then installed the new port.

For example, I got the error "Error: Activating aqbanking3 3.7.1_0
failed: Image error: /opt/local/bin/aqbanking-config is being used by
the active aqbanking port.  Please deactivate this port first, or use
the -f flag to force the activation." I then ran "sudo port deactivate
aqbanking" then "sudo port install aqbanking3."

I don't think the ports are considered "installed" until you install
them fully. i.e. running "port outdated" will only say you are up to
date after you manually deactivate/install the ports. Hence, I think
the problem is unrelated to these installation "difficulties."

Cheers.