dylib wowes after OS upgrade

Brian Dunn brian at newmedio.com
Mon Oct 6 11:27:06 PDT 2008

just upgraded osx from 10.4 to 10.5, and I'm getting lots of dylib
problems.

for example:
$ /opt/local/bin/ssh
dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libkafs.0.dylib
   Referenced from: /opt/local/bin/ssh
   Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

and:

$port install subversion
:
:
grep: /opt/local/lib/libgssapi.la: No such file or directory
sed: /opt/local/lib/libgssapi.la: No such file or directory
libtool: link: `/opt/local/lib/libgssapi.la' is not a valid libtool
archive

I think that second one is due to problems with linking to the new
system kerberos. anyone know how to fix this mess? any one had success
doing an OS upgrade and fixing their ports dylibs?
am i sol and just have to do a clean install?