There is no release manager! There is no release manager! [was Re: Gnome won't install]

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at apple.com
Mon Oct 6 16:53:12 PDT 2008

On Oct 6, 2008, at 11:13 AM, Daniel J. Luke wrote:

> On Oct 6, 2008, at 1:41 PM, William Davis wrote:
>> Pardon me for speaking frankly but! "to solve this problem
>> permanently" will take an updated version of port with the bug fix in
>> place. This situation has gone on for many months now and I can NOT
>> understand why version 1.61 of port has not been released fixing this
>> path problem.
>

> You volunteering to be the new release manager? ;-)

Maybe some folks have not [there is no release manager!] gotten the
ideal firmly in their heads [there is no release manager!] yet that
there is, in fact, NO RELEASE MANAGER for MacPorts right now?

Perhaps we should send out some sort of announcement calling formally
for volunteers for the position?

I dunno, perhaps that seems superfluous, but I'll still bet that there
are a couple of people out there laboring under the misapprehension
that there is, in fact, a release manager for MacPorts (there isn't!).

:-)

- Jordan