There is no release manager! There is no release manager! [was Re: Gnome won't install]

Julio Biason julio.biason at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 19:49:42 PDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 10:53 AM, Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh at apple.com> wrote:
> Maybe some folks have not [there is no release manager!] gotten the
> ideal firmly in their heads [there is no release manager!] yet that
> there is, in fact, NO RELEASE MANAGER for MacPorts right now?
>
> Perhaps we should send out some sort of announcement calling formally
> for volunteers for the position?

Oh, what the hell, I have plenty of time these days. What should a
Release Manager do?

[Yes, I'm formally volunteering to be the release manager of MacPorts,
even if I don't have any experience in the position -- but everyone is
a noob at some point, right?]

--
Julio Biason <julio.biason at gmail.com>
Twitter: http://twitter.com/juliobiason