Call for PortMgr interest/nominations

Julio Biason julio.biason at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 21:06:48 PDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 1:49 AM, James Berry <jberry at macports.org> wrote:
> Per my previous note to Jordan, I'd like to set a deadline of this coming
> Friday, Oct 10, for those wishing to be part of the new PortMgr slate. If
> you are interested in these posts, please express your interest, or ask
> somebody to nominate you, by that time.
>
> In throwing in your hat, or accepting a nomination, I think it would be
> appropriate to include a paragraph or so about what makes you want to be
> involved, and why we should care ;) Such notices should be given in email to
> the MacPorts development list. If you have already written such a note, you
> don't need to do so again.

Well, as James put it, I'm interested in be the Release Engineer.

Why I want to do this? 'Cause I really enjoy MacPorts and that's one
of the things that keep me sane when using a Mac (and it's always the
first thing I install when I need to reinstall OS X after breaking
it.)

Why you should care? Well, I'm a maintainer of a small project
(Mitter, a Twitter client) and I'm doing releases almost in the same
way MacPorts is released. It's also very similar to the way we release
code (internally) at work.

[I think there is one reason for "not being nominated": I don't have
much experience with the base code and, so far, I've just contributed
with one Portfile. But, in my defense, I could say that a release is
not affected by the code -- or so I hope ;)]

--
Julio Biason <julio.biason at gmail.com>
Twitter: http://twitter.com/juliobiason