cups-headers, gtk2, 10.3 - re-messed up?

Walt Pawley walt at wump.org
Thu Oct 9 21:53:41 PDT 2008

I initially attempted to install gimp on my G4 PB, running
10.3.9. It failed,  so I started trying to see if I could
figure things out (fat chance!). In the process I tried
installing gtk2. This failed because it the symbols ppd_attr_t
and ppd_attr were undefined.

My research indicated that these symbols were/are defined in
the cups-headers port, via the file ppd.h. But, I didn't find
any symbols containing even "att" in the ppd.h file installed
via the cups-headers @1.1.15+darwin_7 (active) port.

Looking back into the archives, difficulty with this issue
seems to have arisen sporadically. The version of ppd.h
mentioned as the solution to this problem was  1.1.23.
Apparently I'm missing the incantation to get this installed.
--

Walter M. Pawley <walt at wump.org>
Wump Research & Company