cups-headers, gtk2, 10.3 - re-messed up?

Bryan Blackburn 0x62_0x6c_0x62 at pobox.com
Thu Oct 9 22:23:39 PDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 09:53:41PM -0700, Walt Pawley said:
> I initially attempted to install gimp on my G4 PB, running
> 10.3.9. It failed,  so I started trying to see if I could
> figure things out (fat chance!). In the process I tried
> installing gtk2. This failed because it the symbols ppd_attr_t
> and ppd_attr were undefined.
>
> My research indicated that these symbols were/are defined in
> the cups-headers port, via the file ppd.h. But, I didn't find
> any symbols containing even "att" in the ppd.h file installed
> via the cups-headers @1.1.15+darwin_7 (active) port.
>
> Looking back into the archives, difficulty with this issue
> seems to have arisen sporadically. The version of ppd.h
> mentioned as the solution to this problem was  1.1.23.
> Apparently I'm missing the incantation to get this installed.

Sounds like perhaps updating the cups-headers port to 1.1.23 would be the
solution, and has a ticket:

<http://trac.macports.org/ticket/12768>

Though the number of people running 10.3 and needing cups-headers is
probably quite small at this point, so you may be the only one available now
to actually test this...

Bryan