Odd upgrade error

William Davis frstan at bellsouth.net
Sat Oct 11 21:54:29 PDT 2008

On Oct 12, 2008, at 12:20 AM, Adam Dershowitz wrote:

> I had gimp-jp2 0.1_0 installed and just did the upgrade to 2.2.0_0.  I
> got an odd error and I am not sure if it is port error related to jp2
> or a more general error related to MacPorts.
> The odd thing is that the upgrade seemed to work, so I am not sure
> exactly what the error means, or if I should worry about it, or post a
> ticket about it.  Here is the upgrade info:
> --->  Fetching gimp-jp2
> --->  Attempting to fetch jp2.tar.gz from http://registry.gimp.org/files/
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for gimp-jp2
> --->  Extracting gimp-jp2
> --->  Configuring gimp-jp2
> --->  Building gimp-jp2 with target all
> --->  Staging gimp-jp2 into destroot
> --->  Deactivating gimp-jp2 0.1_0
> --->  Installing gimp-jp2 2.2.0_0
> --->  Activating gimp-jp2 2.2.0_0
> --->  Cleaning gimp-jp2
> Error: Variant build conflicts with fetch
> Error: Unable to open port: Error evaluating variants
> --->  Fetching qt4-mac
>
> And it did seem to install properly, as did the other ports that
> happen to be upgraded with the same: upgrade outdated.
>
> --Adam

I just got that error mesg when trying to upgrade gimp-user-manual.
Since you did a "upgrade outdated", I wonder if this is not the port
that the error actually occurred in.

William Davis
frstanATbellsouthDOTnet
Mac OS X.5.5 Darwin 9.5.0
XQuartz 2.3.2 (xorg-server 1.4.2-apple18)
Mac Mini Intel Duo @ 1.86 GHz

Mundus vult decepi, ego non