Monodoc

William Davis frstan at bellsouth.net
Sun Oct 12 13:11:13 PDT 2008

On Oct 12, 2008, at 2:45 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Oct 12, 2008, at 09:52, Bart Masschelein wrote:
>
>> I don't know if it is inappropriate to request a package upgrade on
>> this mailing list, but if not, here it goes. Currently MacPorts
>> installs MonoDoc version 1.2.6. This version has a problem that the
>> signature is delay-signed. The latest mono (2.0, which I also
>> installed using MacPorts) does not allow for delay-signed assemblies
>> to be loaded in the gac. I believe that this problem is solved (e.g.
>> the assembly is now strongly signed) in the later MonoDoc versions
>> 1.9, or even 2.0:
>>
>> http://ftp.novell.com/pub/mono/sources/monodoc/
>>
>> Would it be possible to upgrade to this version in MacPorts? If this
>> mailing list is not the place to put these requests, could you please
>> point me to the appropriate place? I didn't really find it on the
>> website.
>
> Hi Bart. Guido updated monodoc to 2.0, so if you wait 12 hours, then
> "sudo port sync" you should be able to install it (or upgrade to it,
> if you already had 1.2.6 installed).
>
> http://trac.macports.org/changeset/40723

Actually Bart can do it now, the trick is do this first:
sudo port -df clean --all monodoc
That will get rid of the retained copy of the old source and force the
current version to download. ;)

William Davis
frstanATbellsouthDOTnet
Mac OS X.5.5 Darwin 9.5.0
XQuartz 2.3.2 (xorg-server 1.4.2-apple18)
Mac Mini Intel Duo @ 1.86 GHz

Mundus vult decepi, ego non