loader error, uninstall fails

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Oct 20 02:03:28 PDT 2008

Before you said you were using an Intel Mac:

On Oct 19, 2008, at 02:51, David Epstein wrote:

> I have version 2.4.1 of Xcode.
> I am running Mac Os X 10.4.11 on an Intel Mac Pro.

Are you experiencing the issue on multiple machines?

I do generally recommend updating Xcode, although if you already have
2.4.1, I don't think there are a lot of changes in 2.5. If you have
earlier than 2.4.1, definitely upgrade; MacPorts install
documentation says we require at least Xcode 2.4.1 on Tiger because
earlier versions are known to be problematic in various ways.