MacPorts and Spam

Alex Zavatone zavpublic at mac.com
Wed Oct 22 11:44:59 PDT 2008

John, and anyone else.  Don't sign up at Reunion.

They are known for doing exactly that. Once you sign up, they scan
your address book and spam everyone in it.

It's a well documented abusive practice by them and it makes you look
like a spammer.  They are parasites.  Stay away.

http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/doc/2008/05/10/reunioncom-spam-alert/

On Oct 22, 2008, at 12:13 PM, John Korchok wrote:

> My apologies to all. I was trying to sign up at Reunion.com. The
> Reunion.com
> site searched my address book and sent emails to every contact even
> though I
> specifically checked the option not to do that. I did not know it
> was going
> to spam everyone.
>
> I am not a spammer, I am not trying to hawk my music (though I do
> put my
> music on-line for free).

- Zav