type S_REGULAR does not match previous objects type S_COALESCED

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Oct 23 12:20:58 PDT 2008

On Oct 23, 2008, at 14:13, Anton van Oosten wrote:

> Op 21-okt-08, om 23:51 heeft Bryan Blackburn het volgende geschreven:
>
>> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 11:21:38PM +0200, Anton van Oosten said:
>>
>>> If I remove the overloading gcc, so that the /usr/bin/gcc is used, I
>>> still get the error.
>>> It looks like I have a really old libstdc++.a in usr/local/lib.
>>> If I move that I get
>> [...]
>>> powerpc-apple-darwin8-g++-4.0.1: /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.a: No such
>>> file or directory
>>
>> Did you run a 'sudo port clean --work pdflib' prior to trying to
>> install
>> again?  If not, that's probably the issue as the configure stage
>> had seen
>> those libraries already so the Makefiles were still referencing them.
>
> Thanks, but this did not solve the issue.
> Could this be an inconsistency between libstdc++.a and gcc?

It still tries to use /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.a even though that
file no longer exists? I was going to suggest that maybe one of
pdflib's dependencies had already been built with knowledge of that
library, but pdflib doesn't have any dependencies. Hmm. Maybe we need
to see the complete debug output. Run:

sudo port clean pdflib
sudo port -d install pdflib 2>&1 | tee ~/Desktop/pdflib.txt

Then send pdflib.txt from your Desktop.