fetch hang

Loren Rosen lorenrosen at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 24 12:31:46 PDT 2008

more info:
I tried ftp'ing directly to the mirror that hangs:

ftp ftp://ftp.stu.edu.tw/pub/wordpress/
Trying 2001:e10:c41:eeee::1...
ftp: connect to address 2001:e10:c41:eeee::1: No route to host
Trying 210.71.23.120...
Connected to ftp.stu.edu.tw.
220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] ----------
220-You are user number 33 of 512 allowed.
220-Local time is now 03:26. Server port: 21.
220-Only anonymous FTP is allowed here
220 You will be disconnected after 5 minutes of inactivity.
230-  Welcome to Shu-Te University(Taiwan) FTP Server
230-
230 Anonymous user logged in
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
200 TYPE is now 8-bit binary
250 OK. Current directory is /
250 OK. Current directory is /wordpress

I could download wordpress and continue manually, though that of course defeats the whole point of macports.

Also, I wonder if the "no route to host" is the root of the hanging problem.