fetch hang

William Davis frstan at bellsouth.net
Fri Oct 24 12:45:42 PDT 2008

On Oct 24, 2008, at 3:31 PM, Loren Rosen wrote:

> more info:
> I tried ftp'ing directly to the mirror that hangs:
>
> ftp ftp://ftp.stu.edu.tw/pub/wordpress/
> Trying 2001:e10:c41:eeee::1...
> ftp: connect to address 2001:e10:c41:eeee::1: No route to host
> Trying 210.71.23.120...
> Connected to ftp.stu.edu.tw.
> 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] ----------
> 220-You are user number 33 of 512 allowed.
> 220-Local time is now 03:26. Server port: 21.
> 220-Only anonymous FTP is allowed here
> 220 You will be disconnected after 5 minutes of inactivity.
> 230-  Welcome to Shu-Te University(Taiwan) FTP Server
> 230-
> 230 Anonymous user logged in
> Remote system type is UNIX.
> Using binary mode to transfer files.
> 200 TYPE is now 8-bit binary
> 250 OK. Current directory is /
> 250 OK. Current directory is /wordpress
>
> I could download wordpress and continue manually, though that of
> course defeats the whole point of macports.
>
> Also, I wonder if the "no route to host" is the root of the hanging
> problem.

I think the "root of the hanging problem" is the "You will be
disconnected after 5 mins of inactivity."  You dont say which version
you tried to download manually, but the current version is 2.6.3  ---
the port file was trying to ftp 2.5.1 which may no longer be allowed
to download. Try editing the port file
sudo port edit wordpress
and change the version number in the mastersite line to 2.6.3

Then try to install. If that works, then write up a bug in traq and
attach your new portfile, and make note here that you have done that.
Someone will then commit it for you.

Wordpress has no maintainer -- unless you'd like to volunter.  ;)

William Davis
frstanATbellsouthDOTnet
Mac OS X.5.5 Darwin 9.5.0
XQuartz 2.3.2 (xorg-server 1.4.2-apple20)
Mac Mini Intel Duo @ 1.86 GHz

Mundus vult decepi, ego non