Postfix's main.cf

Charles Darwin macports.users at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 08:10:53 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I have two main.cf here:

$ ls /Volumes/neo/opt/etc/postfix/main*
/Volumes/neo/opt/etc/postfix/main.cf.default	/Volumes/neo/opt/etc/
postfix/main.cf.sample

I am guessing that I should go with the default one if want to make
any changes (is that correct?) and then do I rename the file to
main.cf when I am done?
The more important question I have is, is macports version of postfix
ready out of the box?

BTW where is "mydomain =" in the main.cf.default. There is one in the
main.cd.sample though. Am I supposed to modify the sample?

$ postconf
postconf: fatal: open /Volumes/neo/opt/etc/postfix/main.cf: No such
file or directory

I thing I have to rename one of these guys but which one?

Charles