Installing stunnel

Iain Simms me at iainsimms.com
Sun Oct 26 09:42:28 PDT 2008

Hi there,

I've been trying to install stunnel on my machine running Leopard
using MacPorts. I did have it installed on my previous machine (Tiger)
using DarwinPorts I think, however it was a while ago and I've
forgotten the whole procedure.

Anyway, all I want to do is install stunnel, and set-it up to
automatically load on start-up (or me logging in if it's easier), I
already have a .conf file to use for the connect I require.

I've used the install stunnel command already after installing
MacPorts with the .dmg installer (and running the post-flight script
manually), and everything seems to have downloaded and installed fine,
I run stunnel with my file as an argument, I get no error messages so
I assume all is fine. But when I go to try the connection it fails.

If it helps any, I'm using stunnel to create a secure connection from
Eclipse 3.3, to a CVS repository at my university, it refuses
connections otherwise.

If anyone familiar with stunnel could help then it'd be much
appreciated, the file I'm using is being successfully used by some of
my friends running Windows, I don't suppose there are any caveats I
may need to know regarding the version of stunnel that MacPorts
installs?

Thanks
Iain