getmail > dspam > maildrop > dovecot

Mark Hattam mark at dxradio.demon.co.uk
Sun Oct 26 18:26:06 PDT 2008

I've installed each of these (current MacPorts versions).

Just using
getmail > maildrop > dovecot
works fine. I can retrieve my mail from POP3 and sdps ISP accounts, It
filters it into mailboxes (maildir actually), and dovecot serves it.
That's fine.

But trying to add dspam appears to be a nightmare. It installs as

-r-x--s---  2 root  mail   1440324 25 Oct 02:09 dspam

in /opt/local/bin/
but doesn't seem to pass the user from getmail's config.

The README for dspam also seems to suggest running apache as mail
which seems strange as I have it as www/www following Macports install.

Has anyone got this combo working? (or specifically dspam)

Thanks

Mark