gnome-desktop fails to upgrade | 2.22.1_0 < 2.24.0_0 | 10.4.11 PPC

Tobias Weisserth tobias.weisserth at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 11:53:32 PDT 2008

Hi Joel,

thanks for your answer.

I am already using Xcode 2.5.

I understand the problem now after reading the bug reports. But isn't this a
principle problem in the way ports are maintained (or rather lack of
maintenance)? My guess is that the port maintainer just tested the port on
his setup which might have been Leopard on Intel. Before a port gets
committed to all MacPorts users there should exist at least one successful
test run on all major architectures (PPC/Tiger, PPC/Leopard, Intel/Tiger,
Intel/Leopard).

Right now, broken ports are more or less the rule rather than the exception
after a "port selfupdate".

Will gnome-desktop be fixed in the end or is your workaround my only
solution?

thanks,

Tobias W.