migration

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Oct 27 18:31:15 PDT 2008

On Oct 27, 2008, at 20:23, Михаил А wrote:

> I have installed PHP+Mysql from from source.
> But I intend to go to the MacPorts .
> What should I do with the PHP+Mysql installed from source. Disable,
> uninstall or delete?

Whatever you like. MacPorts is self-contained so it shouldn't
interfere with (or make use of) what you already have.

> And how can I add GD and Gettext Extensions for PHP (MacPorts) ?

MacPorts php5 always includes those and many other extensions.
Install it and try it out. There are also many variants for adding
more esoteric features. Type "port variants php5" to read about them.